Total Pageviews

Monday, January 3, 2011

No Phone Zone...

OK Oprah, I do have to give you props for your attempt to conquer the world by using your billions of dollars to influence and brainwash people educate people about the dangers of texting while driving.

I can only say this because the stories of local teenagers getting into horrific and life-changing car accident are becoming more and more frequent and for the fact that I have a teen aged daughter that is now driving.  My how the times have changed and gone are the days of parents ONLY having to worry about their pubescent child getting behind the wheel after drinking it up with their peers.  Oh no..... If that weren't enough to put a parent into premature graying, now we have to worry that our teens will make the right decision to NOT pick up their cell phone while driving a car.

Are you serious???  I can't even have dinner with my teen without her finger fucking her phone the whole time and only listening to about 1/4 of the words that come out of my mouth.  Also, have you ever been a passenger while a teen is driving? I can't do it.  I just can't handle it.  I'd like to think of myself as a rational person that has patience and cat like reflexes in an emergency situation, but you put me in the passenger's seat with my child behind the wheel and you can drop all of that like a turd from a tall horse.  I experience so much anxiety that I literally can feel my test tighten.

So now we put our children behind the wheel with a more deadly weapon than alcohol: THE CELL PHONE.

Talk to your kids people.  Make them sign a damn pledge. Educate them.  Take their car, their phone, whatever it takes if you catch them texting while driving.  The consequences of doing NOTHING is unfathomable.
This was Josiah just months ago.  Young vibrant man, active in his church and all around great kid:



And this is Josiah now after being hit by a Semi Truck. 





A few months ago he was carrying his prom date.
A few days ago his FB status was "can walk now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


He and his family are going to hell and back.  I hope you think about kids like Josiah the next time you just have to send that text while you're driving. He could be you.  He could be your child.


God Speed Josiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment